Back in the creative groove


“The receptivity of the artist must never be confused with passivity.” 
― Rollo MayThe Courage to Create


It's been a while since I've felt like this.

Don't ask me why, but I couldn't summon anything more than enough creative juice to produce this blog and a few posts and recordings to Patreon.

I know it's tempting fate to report on my renewed sense of purpose but, right now, I've this overwhelming sense of needing to create:

poetry

brush calligraphy

sketching

photography

and books.

I don't have a modus operandi. 

I show up.

I either write to my computer or I sit at my other desk on the other side of the room which I reserved for the other stuff, 

and wait...

If something happens, it happens.

If it doesn't. 

So what!

I don't know your thing but even if you have to work for 'The Man', never forget that under all those layers of self-doubt and negative thinking lies a creative genius. 

I'm serious.

It's not just my theory but I believe with all my heart that we're all possessed of something beyond the ken of our current understanding.

My advice: don't waste it watching TV, getting drunk and engaging in social media.

Create as if your life depended on it.

Take care.

Blessings and big love,

Julian

Photo by Clark Young

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All in

When life passes you by

Beginner's mind